Tuesday, March 6, 2018

lineman post 5

    So Id say we have a basic idea of what this job involves but im sure there's lots more to learn about this job, but using what we gathered let's talk advantages and disadvantages of this job let's start with the disadvantages of this job. First of all this job isn't going to be a walk in the park. Expect to come to work, wake up early, work long hours, work on weekends, and bust your ass all the time personally this is just what I like I've always done hard labor no matter if its mowing lawns when I was a kid in the heat of the summer or polishing stone in the freezing cold weather, and that's why I joined the army to give me more of a new standard for myself because at times I feel myself start slipping and getting a little lazy so this should reform me and prepare me for my career. Another disadvantage is the moving around and if you have a wife and a kid it may get a little tricky with your wife always bitching about how she doesn't want to live in a 5th that moves around for ever and all that bull shit, but as I said in my earlier blogs this should only last for about 3 to 5 years or however long it takes you to finish your apprenticeship. Advantages include something new on the job everyday and the pay is awesome, bad ass work Id feel like Id wake up everyday and love what I do for a job and that to me is worth way more than the pay. Let's also talk training/ education for this job so you don't need ANY education after high school and honestly you don't even need a diploma but it is definitely recommended, so if you'd like to be a lineman you got to get into a line school and do an apprenticeship threw them.
Chart showing education levels: Less than high school 5%; High school diploma or equivalent 39%; Some college, no degree 36%; Associate degree 13%; Bachelor's degree 7%; Master's degree 1%; Doctoral (Ph.D.) or professional degree 0%
(WOIS)



No comments:

Post a Comment