Tuesday, March 13, 2018

lineman job shadow

    This post is going to be about the job shadow I had a little after the first post, the job shadow I had took place in downtown Seattle with my cousin Jared Grubb, he's been a lineman for 3 years and is just about a journeyman worker, they were working on the new subway station that is being built, there were a ton of other workers there including drywallers, electricians, basic construction work, people that companies flew from Texas just to make sure there product was installed correctly so they can back it up with their warranty. Then there are the lineman they were not actually working on power poles they were in the station working on the super high voltage wires that are used to power the trains and the station and the electricians would power all that energy into smaller amounts for like computers, lights and outlets. When I got there, there wasn't much going on they were just finishing up the work, grounding the wires making sure everything was right on this like multi million dollar project. I don't know much of what they were actually doing because it's a bunch of words I don't know and torque wrenching stuff, but what I did notice and understand was they all knew what was going on and it's a small group of workers working with a journeyman lineman and they all knew each other and were super cool. Here are some pictures I took of what they were doing. Look how huge those wires are and good damn they are heavy, and I got to see that under the station and there's just tons of feet of it. The picture of the fans were the transformers of the stations and I believe there were 4 of them. Thank you for reading !!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment